- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
1. Searching and Adding files
To start with, Click 'Add Column button' to select camera footage from DCIM folders present in SD cards or in the system itself.
Learn how to add files: Add Files
2. Selecting Files
A new 'Select Videos' window will appear, with thumbnail images starting with 'Placeholder video' showing the files in the selected folder.
Learn how to select files: Select Files
- Hover over each thumbnail image, a small rectangle will appear at the top of the thumbnail image.
- Click the rectangular button to preview the video.
- Check for the available thumbnail.
- If the thumbnail is not representative of the video content, play and pause the video until you find a clearer image.
- click 'Create Thumbnail'.
- If the video is a set of truncated videos, you can select a better thumbnail from any of the truncated parts, by playing each of them separately.
Note: This makes it easier to recognize which sets of videos belong together and in what order they should be arranged.
4. Build a file sequence
- Repeat the previous process as many times as is needed to build a grid of files, arranged in columns and rows.
- To change the order of rows & columns, follow the link:
Order rows & columns
- To add & delete files, delete row & column, and rename folder, follow the link:
Note: The number of rows and columns depends on the number of cameras used and the number of separate shots created. Typically you will transfer data from a set of four SD cards.
5. Select the rows
- Click checkbox against each row to select individual rows.
- Click checkbox near screen label to select all the rows.
6. Transfer Files
- Click 'browse' at the bottom of the screen and choose file location.
- Navigate to a location on your hard drive or an external drive.
- Create a new sub-directory if required and click 'select folder'.
- On browsing the folder, the transfer button will get enabled.
- Click 'Transfer' button. The transfer window will open, showing the processing of the selected rows.
Files should be present in their respective folders as shown in the completed log on the transfer window. In case of any truncated files, they should have been concatenated into a single file.
If any file goes missing because of any of the reasons:
- SD card pulled out
- File deleted from the location
an error log will be displayed showing the unprocessed files(marked with red).
- Click on the folder path in the completed log to see the output.
- Click on any of the files in the error log, corresponding thumbnail can be seen at the top of the transfer window.